Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Storytime

Ellie and Gideon are reading a touch and feel book from a sweet friend of ours, Brooke.  Her family is just finishing up their homestudy for a domestic adoption.  They were moved to adopt the same time we were.  But – they don’t have a blog, or I would tell you to go meet them. 

IMG_4267

Gideon was more interested in feeling the pictures of the baby feet in this book than the texture pages.  I like that the baby feet were mixed skin tones.  Those things used to go right over my head.   Not because I didn’t think it was important or didn’t care, I was just clueless.

IMG_4268

I’ve also started noticing the tongue sticking out more.  Ellie must be concentrating pretty hard.

IMG_4265

It’s funny the comments about the tongue sticking out.  I’ve read so many blogs about Ethiopian babies and their tongues.  I think Missy blogged about it right when he started doing it, so I had to share his silly pictures, too.  It cracks me up!

3 comments:

missy said...

this is not to pressure you since you have 5 kids and a baby, but i love that you are posting more now! so fun to see the pictures of your fam!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Cute to see them interacting together :) Awww.....

mandi said...

this is something i thought about when we planned your shower. when i taught school, i was an ESL teacher, multi-cultural books were very important to me. i've taken this into account with my own kids as well. so- i 've been on the lookout for ezra jack keats books for you at the thrift store. i agree with you- it's really important for kids to see themselves represented in the books they read.