Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Prayer Request

IMG_0080

We had a CT Scan done this morning to see why Gideon’s head is growing so quickly.  It’s also a bit asymmetrical.  Of course, it all looks perfect to me, but the doctor said we really should check it out.  He was great about emphasizing that it could just be genetics so I wouldn’t worry too much.

We already have our first praise…he stayed still and didn’t cry, so they did not need to sedate him.

Hooray!

We should hear something in the next few days, so we are asking our friends and family to pray for God’s peace…and good results.

I know there have been several babies needing the helmets to re-shape their heads, but does anyone else have kids whose head circumference is off the charts (by quite a bit)?

Just wondering.

8 comments:

Jess & Matt said...

Amanda,
Aiden's was on the high side of the charts as well. The Dr. said that it could be genetics and we would just need to keep measuring it and watching it as he grows within the next year to see if there are any signs of huge growth and then we would need to take the next steps... whatever that may be. To me it looks perfect as well. I think it's just a part of the Ethiopian genetics. Better to be proactive though.
Jess

The Hull's at #4 said...

I'm praying for Gideon my sweet friend! That's such a precious picture!!

A.H. said...

We just brought our little guy home, and his head is very large in comparison to his other measurements. He isn't worried at all, and said it was part of the Ethiopian Genetics as well!

He is a cutie...and yes perfect. Movie stars have big heads ya know!!!!

Tisha Alexander said...

I will be praying... that is a great picture of him. I just love his smile!

Aubrey said...

I'm sure you're all so worried! I hope these days pass quickly for you. We'll be praying too! He is such an adorable little boy!

mandi said...

i'm praying for you my friend.

The B Family said...

We'll be praying for sweet Gideon! And for wisdom for the doctors and peace for you!

Tara said...

praying and he does look perfect!