Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm Awake

If I shared how much I knew about what was going on in politics, we couldn't even finish a cup of coffee during the conversation. I know that's wrong, and I am trying to change that. I have kept up a little with the abortion issue - probably because that one gets a lot of attention and I don't have to look far to find information.

Baby steps, right?

There was some debate during the election about whether Christians should stick to voting pro-life, or if they should just give up the fight (since it's already over in their eyes) and vote based on other issues.

Tony did an awesome job addressing this on his blog. Just go here to read it.

I'm saddened that Obama is not even in office yet and I am already trying to speak up against something he plans on doing.

That can't be a good sign.

If you want to speak up against the Freedom of Choice Act that he is planning on signing first thing when he gets into office, you can go here. There, you can learn about the FOCA, sign a petition against it, and get on their mailing list to receive updates about what is going on with it.

God has told us to pray for our leaders, but he didn't tell us to sit back and let them do whatever they want. We can pray for them, but still let our voices be heard. Sometimes, the abortion issue seems like a lost cause, but that's how we see it in our own eyes and by our own power. I have faith that God can turn this around, no matter how bleak it looks to us.

Sadly, I haven't spent much time in my life looking to learn what is going on outside my world. I had an attitude that if everything in my world is okay, then it must be okay in everyone else's world. I haven't paid attention to issues (even important ones) until something happens to get my attention.

Well, Obama, you have my attention.

No comments: