Saturday, January 10, 2009

Catching Up

Our family was so incredibly busy during the month of December (just like everyone else’s).  Here’s a little glimpse of our month:

Tate and Ellie had their piano and guitar recital.  I am so proud they were able to do a duet.  At first I thought their teacher wanted to torture me for some reason.  Putting siblings on one piano bench, playing one song, and playing it at the same time.   Once it clicked, they did an awesome job!

IMG_2864 IMG_2862

 

Of course, we had to make gingerbread houses.  One for the boys and one for the girls:

IMG_2870

 

They worked so hard and were in a play that our homeschool group put on.  The morning show was for the residents at a nursing home, and the afternoon show was at our library.  They told the history of Jingle Bells, Silent Night, and Go Tell It On The Mountain.  Car was an alter boy, Tate was a narrator and hillbilly, and Ellie was in the Angel choir.  So fun!

IMG_2981  IMG_3000 IMG_3009

 

Ellie turned nine in December.  She’s getting so big – what she wanted to do for her birthday was go shopping with her best friend and have her spend the night.  Birthday parties definitely get easier!

 IMG_3020

On Christmas morning, they went to sing carols at the nursing home.  They have done this six years now.  I’m surprised they want to go out instead of staying at home to play with their new toys, but this is something that is really important to them.

One of the most exciting parts of December was the tiny bit of snow we got.  It was so special to them because I think this was the first time they had seen it snow at our house.   I’m sure anyone up north would not even call this snowing!

IMG_2878 IMG_2884 IMG_2887

I ended up not finishing all of my Christmas cards, and even sent some out after the new year.  I sent Tony’s work cards first and then ran out of steam.  There were only 125!  After that, I did an abbreviated list of family and friends.  To anyone that did get a card, I apologize for the glitter! 

2 comments:

mandi said...

wow! you guys were busy! i love that last pic of bear- so cute!

now, i did get a card but i don't remember glitter. what gives? are we not glitter worthy???

Kristi J said...

cute pics!! I can't wait for those parties to get easier...We have one coming up...They always seem to BIG at this age...but I do enjoy it though..they're just a lot of work. And, yes, keeping busy definitly helps the wait...Hopefully any day, kristi