Monday, April 13, 2009

Drawn From Water

After reading this and this, I was facinated by a very new orphanage that has started in Ethiopia. New, as in started in mid-February of this year! I'm just amazed everyday at how little I am aware of what is going on in other parts of our world. And, I'm even more amazed at what people are willing to do when hearts are moved. Truly dying to self. The least I can do is spread the word about what they are doing when they ask me to.

This video gives the basic story of how the orphanage began. I love the Scripture that Tracy has on her fundraising t-shirts:


Proverbs 31:8 - "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute."

Who is going to speak up for these children?



Drawn from Water from Drawn From Water on Vimeo.

How can that not blow anyone away? You can go to http://www.drawnfromwater.org/ and read "The Story" of how it began, and ways to help. They also have a blog we can follow to find out the latest.

2 comments:

really.truly said...

Wow! That was so powerful....I'm speechless. I'd like to share that on my blog somehow. Could I link to your post or do you want me to link directly to Drawn From Water?

It's so easy to go about our day and forget all that is going on!! Thank you for sharing that.

really.truly said...

Thanks Mandy! I linked over to you and the website. I cannot stop watching the video...my heart is aching for those kids. I'm definitely feeling responsible to do something....thank you again for sharing this. God is good!