Thursday, December 2, 2010

Getting (Running) Away

While normal people are ticking off items on their long Christmas to-do list, I've run away from home.
Or, I've run away from my to-do list.
Either way, I needed a break.
This is where I am for 2 weeks...

I took the family with me though.  I didn't need a break from them.  Can anyone find Gideon?  (It's like Where's Waldo)




We are loving life right now in Sedona and I refuse to think about what is waiting for me when I get back home.  I left without doing any Christmas cards, I haven't finished my shopping, and I have no idea what I'm wearing to Tony's Christmas party for work.
And, you know what...
I'm okay with that.
Look at this view from my patio.


My husband is so sweet to do this for me.  I was in pretty sad shape and I think he recognized the need to do this before I went off the deep end.  I'm taking this time to pray about my priorities and change some old habits and thinking patterns and hopefully that will help me to handle things better when we get back home.
Tomorrow, we are heading out for a day trip to the Grand Canyon.

6 comments:

Tara said...

Soooo beautiful, the view and your family, peace to you sister

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

LOVE the Grand Canyon!!!! Enjoy yourselves :)

Jess & Matt said...

I wouldn't mind doing the same thing right now. ENJOY

The Hull's at #4 said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Everybody needs to refuel! Praying that you have a great safe trip.

Tisha Alexander said...

How fun!!! I tell you what... what we do IS hard work and very stressul, but I am so thankful that your hubby realizes that!
Have fun and don't worry about Texas... it'll be there when you get back! ;)

mandi said...

FUN FUN FUN!!! I'm so glad you guys did this.