Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Aw, Shucks!



Now I know how to get twelve ears of corn shucked in record time. I gave these kids the corn and next thing I knew they were inside asking for more. And, they did a great job getting all the silk off. What can taste better than fresh corn from the farmers' market that you didn't have to shuck yourself?

I tried something new when we cooked the corn. I spread some mayonaise on it and then sprinkled it with parmesan cheese, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. (Sounds pretty gross, so far). Then I wrapped it in nonstick Reynold's wrap and grilled it on medium high for about 10 minutes. Okay, Tony grilled them. I found the recipe on Allrecipes and it was a hit!

We had a great dinner with my parents and Tony's mom. It ended with Gwen's famous chocolate chip cookies, ice cream, and blackberry cobbler. Yes, we all ate too much! But, I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day.

2 comments:

mandi said...

look at your new fancy blog! i need a tutorial session from you- it looks great!

Mandy said...

Mandi - Thanks! It was Tony's doing. While your hubby is figuring out how to make his bike louder, mine is figuring out htmls. To each his own.